Social media has rapidly evolved to become one of the most important ways of marketing your brand. Engaging your customers via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn is one of the most effective ways of growing your business. However, it’s not enough just to put your content out on these channels. Rather than just shouting about your product, the secret to using social media successfully is in engagement. Social engagement comes in the shape of likes, retweets, shares and click-throughs: these metrics are essential for judging how effective your social media campaign is. If you get it right, increasing engagement on social media creates a positive image of your company, boosts brand awareness and leads to increased conversion of leads to sales that will improve your profits. Read on to discover our top 10 social media engagement tips.
Top tips for increasing engagement on social media
1. If you're using social media to promote your business, your key aim should be to grow your engagement. It’s important to talk with your customers rather than just talking at them. Rather than just informing them about your product, join several social media groups where people are discussing topics relevant to your sector generally.
2. Offer your customers information via Q & A sessions: you're providing added value to your customers by offering them information while at the same time promoting a positive, helpful image of your company. If your company has the resources, a dedicated customer service team that can engage in chat is the ideal way to engage with customers who want an instant response.
3. Create guides to your product or services based on the questions most frequently asked by your customers. These can be in the form of blog posts or newsletters. Developing a reputation as a brand people can trust will boost sales and help to ensure that customers return.
4. Share content from different sources. It keeps things fresh and interesting to hear from different voices. As long as your social media feed gives them the information they require, whether it's been written by you or by someone else, people will trust your brand and be more likely to follow you. Use relevant hashtags to reach non-followers who are searching for information in your category.
5. Retweet or repost your customers' content. By sharing their comments, you're making them feel good about themselves and so they're more likely to reshare your reply, thus giving your brand even more exposure.
6. Respond to all your customers' posts, addressing them by name. This makes your business feel user-friendly, humanising even the largest corporations. People like to feel they are communicating with another person rather than an automated message.
7. Get visual. Images are one of the best ways of capturing your customers' attention and match the way people browse. A short video or GIF will make your content more appealing to all categories of viewers.
8. Create surveys and polls for an effective source of customer feedback. Post them at the times of day when your customers are most likely to see them.
9. Giveaways and discounts are a great way to reward customers for resharing and raising awareness of your brand.
10. Monitor engagement using analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help you measure the effectiveness of your social media campaigns.
All of these things are a fantastic way to begin building up your business success on Social Media. Looking for a helping hand, or wondering how else you could drive traffic through these platforms? Give us a call today to speak to Megan and see how we can help!