How to determine which social media network fits your business
When done well, social media has the potential to be one of your company’s most powerful marketing
As a leading digital marketing agency, we are often asked: which social media platform is best for my business? The truth is, with so many social media channels to choose from, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution.
In this article, we’ll look at how to determine which social media network fits your business…
Why is social media marketing so important?
Using social media to promote your business and brand is an essential marketing tool for the majority of companies.
Here are a few things that you can do, when you create a social media profile for your brand:
- Build and retain brand awareness
- Promote new and existing products or services
- Connect with your established clients in a meaningful way
- Engage with prospective new customers to create more leads
- Track consumer reactions to your products or services
- Obtain customer reviews to enhance credibility
- Grow your mailing list
- Provide timely customer support
- Drive traffic to your website - leading customers to your product pages and other key content will boost your SEO
Pretty persuasive, right? The decision that many businesses face isn’t whether or not to use social media but - with so many options out there - how to determine which social media network fits your business.
The key question: which social media platform is best for my business?
When deciding on the most relevant platform for promoting your business on social media, the biggest consideration is your target audience.
Here are a few questions to guide you:
- What is the demographic of your target audience?
- What is their online behaviour - how do they use social media?
- What would your customer want and expect from your social media activity?
- We get to know your brand and aspirations
- We find the perfect combination of social media platforms for your brand
- We create quality content to engage with your target audience
- We schedule posts at the optimum time for user engagement
- We devise paid social campaigns that will get maximum bang for your buck
- We review the analytics for you
- We pull weekly or monthly reports to show exactly how well your social campaign is performing
Once you have identified your target audience then it should be easier to decide on a relevant platform and create content that appeals to them.
An overview of the main social media platforms
According to figures from DataReportal.com*, there are six social media platforms that have in excess of one billion monthly active users each, and 17 social media platforms with at least 300 million active users.
Facebook remains the biggest of the social media platforms - it is great for building community awareness and brand credibility. The age range of Facebook users is pretty broad and, while it can be challenging to grow an audience with organic posts alone, we frequently lend our expertise to help with highly targeted paid-for Facebook advertising campaigns. With sponsored Facebook ads, our clients can showcase everything from product launches to event promotions.
Instagram is a visually-led platform - content is in the form of photos, videos, interactive broadcasts, and edited reels. Instagram lends itself to aspirational products or services - anything from holidays and homeware to weddings and jewellery. While Instagram has a younger demographic than Facebook, many businesses can benefit from posting content here. At Vooba we also offer support with targeted Instagram advertising campaigns.
LinkedIn is a professional network with a corporate tone and is aimed at a business audience. As well as creating posts on your behalf, we also offer assistance with effective targeted LinkedIn advertising campaigns. We can target your ideal audience based on industry sector, education, location and more.
One of the newer channels, TikTok is all about viral short-form videos. The typical TikTok user is reported to be aged between 18 and 24, though the company’s self-service advertising tools only report advertising audience data for users who are aged 18 and above. TikTok is prime territory for individual influencers and creative content that can quickly become viral and drive sensational trends, e.g. for makeup products.
How to promote your business using social media
A strong presence on social media can be a real asset to your business. With the increase in social media networks, it’s very important to understand how you can leverage the maximum impact from your chosen platform.
It pays to be strategic. You need to hit the sweet spot of posting relevant content - as well as the right quantity and frequency - to drive meaningful engagement and conversion.
Designing a successful social media marketing campaign
Here at Vooba, our team is passionate about creating cohesive social media marketing strategies that will drive results for our clients:
Call in the social media experts!
If you want to find out more about using social media to grow and promote your business then look no further!
As digital marketing experts, we can create a tailor-made campaign to help you to achieve your business aspirations.